The Universe is Smiling at Me

Moving house is apparently one of the most stressful events that a person can experience, and yet, I was so looking forward to it.  Selling my home was extremely stressful, and I was ill when I moved out not knowing if the deal would actually go through.  Then I moved in with Amor, albeit temporarily.  Amor is lovely.  I am not always so.  After living on my own, well, not living with a man that wasn’t an immediate part of my family for seven years, it was a big adjustment on my part.  I am not sure I always handled it very well, although I was extremely grateful to be in a lovely and warm flat with a man that cared about me.  What I thought would only be a stay of three months maximum turned into six.

I found a house, got a survey done, and the day after that I was gazumped!  It was not meant to be.  I took a break from looking at houses and had a holiday.  I started looking again when I came back.  There was nothing available.  I made inquiries about a house I had seen before my holiday and it was still on the market.  I went to see it again.  I loved it as much as I did the first and second time I saw it.  It was the only place where I actually saw myself living with the cat.  The number of the house is my number.  I made an offer and after a few days the offer was accepted.  I was ready for a quick sale.  The lady who owned the house went on holiday for six weeks.  Because of previous experience, I would normally be stressing out and getting anxious.  However, this time I was going to take it easy and relax.  I had to have some faith and trust in The Universe.  I did the survey.  My solicitor was on top of things.  Her solicitor was slow.  I realised that there was no point in exchanging until the owner came back from her holiday.  So I had another holiday!  By the time I returned, we were all ready to really get things moving.

The week I closed on the house I became ill!  Everything was under control.  I was stress free, or so I thought.  I have wanted to be in my own place for ages and when the day finally arrives, I’m ill.  Go figure!  I cleaned my new house for four days with a very bad cold before the movers brought my things from storage.  Amor helped me the day after.  I was pretty shattered.  Then I went up to London to help my son on his way to L.A.  I still wasn’t great as I had a very bad cough.  I cleaned and laundered some more.  When I came back, I moved my things out of Amor’s flat when he was away.  It took me a few days to move out my things and clean the place.  I have been cleaning and laundering for nearly three weeks and I am still not 100%.

But I am on the mend.  I have been very productive.  I need to do some work on my house before the winter and have been organising tradesmen.  The decorating, new kitchen and bathroom will have to wait until next year.  I can live with what is here until then.  I am not going to stress and I am going to take my time.  I need to live in my house for a while to work out what we really need.

My first house guest arrived the other day, one of my dearest and oldest friends.  I stopped cleaning and unpacking in order to enjoy spending time with her, and shopping!  When she left, I carried on from where I left off.  I still have a bit of a cough, but I feel better and feel I am on the mend.  I am working slowly but steadily and am seeing an improvement.  My house is like getting a new toy.  There are so many things I can do with it.

My cat Tiger seems to enjoy the new house also.  I am still clearing up kitty litter off of the carpet, but he has slowly ventured outside.  We sat out in the back garden to enjoy a bit of sunshine while I had a break.  Tiger was so happy that he was doing his sweet-kitty-rolling-around-on-his-back-look-at-me-thing.  You would never know that he is an old man and nearly 17.

I’ve also met some of the neighbours.  The guys next door are lovely and so is the lady down the street.  I met another lady at the top of the street who was overdue on her due date with her first child.   The lady across the road left me a box of chocolates and a lovely card welcoming me to my new home.  I met Trevor, the Postman (but not on Mondays), who asked me how I pronounced my name as he wanted to get it right.  People are really friendly here and most of the neighbours know each other.  It isn’t a very long street.

The guys next door popped around to say hello before going out to vote and to tell me there was a job going where one of them worked.  I only asked him the other day that if he heard of any PA jobs would he let me know.  How is that for timing?  I think The Universe must have been listening, because it certainly feels as if he is smiling at me.


One thought on “The Universe is Smiling at Me

  1. Sophie Tango

    Thank you for this reminder that the Universe works for us… if we let it!
    Enjoy your new home, your friendly neighbours and the warmth of the smile of the Universe on you…

Comments are closed.