The chair on the left has been in my bedroom for years. I found the chair on the street. I really liked the legs, it was sturdy, and I needed a chair in my bedroom to throw my clothes on or the bed cushions. My bedroom was quite
beige neutral with wooden furniture. I painted the chair in leftover Barley White by Dulux (leftover from the walls) with gold and gave it a distressed look. I painted an unfinished pine chest the same way.
Now that I have painted the walls a lovely grey with lilac undertones, this beige chair really doesn’t go with the rest of the room with its shots of pink. (it does go with the yucky beige carpet made more yucky looking next to the lovely grey walls) Anyway, I went to the fabric store to see the remnants and I found some lovely pink silk for £8. I had no idea what I was going to use it for, but when I got home I thought it might make a lovely cover for the chair. What a difference a bit of pink makes! (Unfortunately, my camera didn’t want to show it as pink, so I added a blurry photo of what the fabric really looks like.) It is pink, not red. Now I will have to paint the chair again. And the chest. I am going for white. Will post an update on the bedroom furniture as and when. I might even have enough fabric left over to recover a couple of dining room chairs! 🙂
Right now I am painting my old dining room table which will be going outside. Photos soon. At least I am keeping busy. 🙂