I wrote a post recently about using acrylics like watercolors. I wasn’t crazy about how my paintings turned out, but it was a good experiment. This time I followed the same tutorial for painting poppies in a loose manner, but I used watercolors. This is how it turned out.
The technique was better in this painting, but I am not certain it is because I used watercolors. This was the 3rd attempt, no 4th (I washed the 3rd), of painting poppies, so I had a bit more practice and was able to have a bit more control. I am still a little unsure whether the acrylic paintings are better because I didn’t have a clue as to what I was doing. Here they are again: