Hello People! I have just come back from a three week camping holiday in France. It was très bon! No internet, lovely weather, and outdoor living! Here are a few photos!
We camped at a lake south of Bordeaux for two weeks and then slowly made our way back to the UK in the last week. We camped at sand dunes and near some lovely villages and towns. We had some stunning sunsets. It was great, in spite of the heat wave! Even the dogs had a blast. They love anything to do with water. We even swam in the Loire River.
We arrived at 5am this morning, so, apart from laundry, I am not doing much today. Before I left for our holiday, my Gelli Plate arrived and I managed to make some prints before we went away. While I was waiting for my Gelli Plate to arrive, I spent a lot of time on the internet looking at different ways of using it. I never knew all of the different and wonderful ways one could make prints. I wish I heard of this great device sooner.
So, while walking the dogs in the woods, I picked up various items of vegetation to use on my Gelli Plate. Ferns, leaves and other broad leaf items seem to work best. By the way, poo bags (nappy sacks) are great for storing booty when out and about. Just make sure they are fresh ones! So here is what I did:
This is the first one I made and probably one of the best. I found white parchment paper from Lakeland – left, and used and old art journal I had for years but didn’t know what to do with as the paper is not great – right. I pulled the first print off on the journal paper and then pulled the leaves off and made the print on the parchment paper. While the leaves were still wet, I put them on the journal in the empty space that was created and rolled them out with the brayer. I did this process for most of the pictures below.
Grass didn’t come out too well. The nice thing about these prints is that I can still add things to them.
I think these three are my favourite. They are a bit abstract
Sometimes things don’t work out the way you want, but I had some wet leaves and tried something different.
And here is one really bad fail. But all is not lost as I can still work on this. Not so bad for a first attempt at Gelli Printing! 🙂