I finally got around to embellishing the monotypes that I made on the gelatine plate. These were printed with Artist’s acrylic paint and then painted with Artist’s watercolors. I used the 8×10 gel plate on Saunders Waterford Hot Pressed 140lb paper, 11×14 inches. I was looking through my paper stash and wanted to see how this would turn out. I completely forgot I bought Hot Pressed paper as most of the watercolor paper I have is cold pressed. This is what they looked like before painting.
I really liked painting these with the watercolors, especially as the paper is so nice. I cut the rest my Saunders Waterford in half so I can try it out on the Xcut Xpress and also use it on the smaller gel plate.